We're Hiring a Program Manager
About the Position
Salary Range: Starting at $70,000
The Program Manager is responsible for managing Connected Lane County’s Elevate and Navigate programs. The Program Manager is responsible for providing direction, guidance, and leadership to the program staff and serves on the leadership team for the organization, collaborating closely on strategic direction and implementation of strategic plans.
We are looking for a self-motivated and organized individual who is enthusiastic about our mission and passionate about helping youth succeed. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who possesses fantastic leadership, communication, financial acumen, and time management skills.
- Supervise, support, and coach the program staff including Project Coordinators, Project Assistants, and Resource Navigators in their program duties.
- Collaborate with the leadership team on strategic direction and implementation of strategic plans.
- Oversee program budgets and expenditures, and review monthly reports for submission to funders.
- Oversee program activities and initiatives and guide Project Coordinators to ensure the successful execution of program elements like internships, tours, summer programs, drop-in hours, etc.
- Identify and develop resources including funding opportunities and community partnerships with business partners.
- Analyze information regularly for impact on programs and program direction.
- Prepare recommendations or reports as requested by the Executive Director.
- Participate in state forums, meetings, conferences, and training.
- Assist in new hire recruitment, onboarding, and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, education, or other related fields is preferred.
- Four years of successful experience in project or program coordination is required.
- Two years of experience managing a team is preferred.
- Experience applying concepts of Collective Impact preferred.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ability to facilitate a learning environment, and lead and mentor staff.
- Knowledge of local businesses and community organizations, education, health, available social services, and STEM fields preferred.
- Well-developed communication skills (both oral and written) and courtesy are required to develop and maintain positive relationships with diverse populations of youth, and internal, and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines are both required.
- Ability to prepare and review program financial reports, and assess expenditures for accuracy.
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and try new approaches.
- Ability to work harmoniously with internal staff, grantors, and agency partners.
- Ability to make presentations to and facilitate diverse groups, solicit input, and synthesize and summarize information and ideas for program development purposes.
- Proficiency with Google Suite is required.
- A valid Oregon driver’s license or ability to obtain one by the date of hire is required.
- A First Aid/CPR card is preferred.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- Spanish language skills are preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com.
- Your resume with references included.
- Your cover letter.
- One letter of recommendation.
Working at Connected Lane County
We are committed to creating a work environment and culture where our team members grow and thrive. Our team works hard every day to directly impact the lives of youth in Lane County. While much of our work is conducted from computer displays that require repetitive motions, employees may frequently be required to support program events and activities that include bending, reaching, standing, interacting with youth and volunteers, lifting/moving heavy objects, driving to-and-from events, and more.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Connected Lane County is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. Data shows diverse teams are innovative, make better decisions, and are better able to engage employees. We are committed to hiring people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our team. Connected Lane County does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.